Monday, August 27, 2007

Danny's 60th Birthday Road Trip

Well I am off on my trip. Here are some of the pictures. The route is, Calif up 395 through Oregon to Washington. Then East through Idaho, Montana to North Dakota. Then south to South Dakota and the Nebraska. West to Wyoming, then back into Idaho south to Utah and then finally west over the north end of Nevada to Ione to see the kids and where Julie is staying for two weeks.
The trip started at 12:30pm on Thursday August 23rd from Huntington Beach. Hope you enjoy the shots. They were taken on a disposable camera and I got a disk made at a WalMart in Spearfish South Dakota for the first camera. I have three with me.
More to come.


Leaving Good old Huntington Beach


The love of my life trusts me to go. Isn't she cute.




Somewhere up by Lone Pine California

This was very hot and not all that much fun but it got better.

The Shadow Knows. The man on his new Gold Wing.

This was Quill Lake on the Calif Oregon Border
Still traveling up old 395



Going up some grade in Oregon



This was a rest stop as I came into Montana
I traveled along many hundreds of miles of rivers. One day as I left Oregon to Idaho I think that the total river run was over 250 miles


Lots of gas stops. This one in Oregon called Cougar Canyon. The gas was not cheap here but I needed to top off.


Here is one of the river runs. I had many a mile of these


More river. Getting close to the Idaho Montana border


LoLo Pass and visitors center on the Idaho and Montana border. This was a long rest stop. I had a cup of coffee from the rangers and watched some Native American Dancers. I was really to tired to take pictures of them.

Crossing into Montana





Koa campground in Missoula Montana. Free ice cream and Wireless internet


Billings Montana and Bob and Sandi Hawke's beautiful home. They took me in and we went out to dinner at a road house, steak house in Roscoe Montana. Then we went on a ride in the car up a mountain to 10,000 feet. Those pictures are on the next camera which will be up later.

This is the last one on the roll of this camera. It is a shot out on hwy 12 out of Miles City Montana. By the way that is where Gus Mcray died in Lonesome Dove.

3 comments:

Nate said...

Few things are as American as the road trip. It's neat to see pictures of the road.

I'm jealous!

Amybelle said...

Great Pictures Daddy. It looks like your having a blast. Kinda like those old backpacking trips you did by yourself, exect this time your using something a little more expesive to tote your stuff in. Can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

Danny, I just love the pics of your trip. Don't you just love the Dakotas? There is so much to see. I've been on the road through Lolo pass...that's Montana right? I remember stopping at that ranger station too. Great shots! -- Joy